Saturday, July 12, 2014

What I Learned From My 1st Week On The Job: Blogging is Hard; People Like Money

http://ubdavid.org/youthworld/majoring-in-life/graphics/11_sweating.png

My first week as a Prior2Boarding blogger is officially in the books. While my blog has been in existence for years, I had only been updating it sporadically with trip reports and not much in between and before this week was just averaging a couple posts a month.

I'm proud to say that I knocked out a total of 11 posts this week including this one. The main thing I learned? Blogging is hard and time-consuming work, even when you're writing about things you enjoy and are passionate about. But it's truly been fun nonetheless and I look forward to the challenge of bringing you original and interesting content day in and day out.

Here's a quick round-up of the top 5 posts from my 1st week:

1. People like money: My #1 post by far for the week was on the topic of using Missingmoney.com to find unclaimed money which helped me reclaim several hundred dollars that I didn't even know existed

2. An introduction to the blog and a preview of what to expect going forward

3. Apparently, I'm not the only one having Game of Thrones withdrawals

4. A great deal over at Travelzoo for 60% off at both Four Seasons properties on Lanai, Hawaii

5. A trip report from my visit to Smorgasburg in Brooklyn, which can be best described as food heaven

That's it for today - hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment